This Vegetanuary edition we bring to you Vegetarian Shepherds Pie
Vegetarian Shepherds Pie
500g peeled and diced Potatoes
1 diced Red Onion
2 cups Quorn Mince
1/2 cup Peas
200ml Tomato Passata
2 tbsp Oil
2 tbsp Butter
1 tsp Ginger & Garlic paste
1 tsp Mixed Herbs
1/2 tsp Paprika Powder
Salt to taste
- Heat a pan over a medium heat, add oil and the chopped onions and sauté for 7 minutes or until the onions are transparent.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and sauté for a further 5 minutes and add the tomatoes and cook for another 7 minutes, add the mixed herbs, paprika powder and mix for 2 minutes.
- Add the Quorn and cook for 10 minutes then add the peas and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- In another pan boil the potatoes in water, then drain the potatoes in a sieve, mash the potatoes.
- Add butter and milk to pan with the potatoes and mix until creamy then add the chopped coriander and further mix.
- In an ovenproof dish spread the quorn mince and pipe the mashed potatoes on top and bake for 30 minutes and serve hot.