April edition we bring to you Jira Chicken
500g Chicken Thighs (boneless or with bones)
3 large Potatoes
1 Medium Onion
1 Green Chilli
1 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Oil
2 tsp Cummin Seeds (Jira)
1 tsp Ginger paste
1tsp Garlic paste
1 tsp Black Pepper
Salt to taste
Chopped Coriander leaves for garnish
- Chop the onions, dice the boneless chicken and potatoes.
- In a pan add butter and place it over medium heat, add oil to prevent the butter from burning.
- Add cumin seeds and saute until golden brown and add the onions and stir for 5 minutes or until the onions are transparent.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and stir for a further 4 minutes and then add the boneless chicken.
- Par boil the potatoes and add these to the pan and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add the seasoning, the diced green chili and further cook for 5 minutes.
- Chop the coriander leaves and garnish the jira chicken.
Tip: Serve with freshly baked bread and butter
by Jitay Pandhaal