The festive season is upon us and 2020 has been a bitter-sweet year. The year has made me bring forth my passion for food, as a cake baker and decorator, I took the route to broaden my horizon. I share with you a recipe for Christmas Pinwheel Cookies.
Christmas Pinwheel Cookies
400g Plain Flour
150g Icing Sugar
¼ tsp Red Food Colour
¼ tsp Green Food Colour
- Whisk icing sugar and butter until fluffy and creamy.
- Sieve the flour to the sugar mix and bind together, get those hands dirty and knead the dough.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal parts, leave one part as normal, add red colour to the second part, knead until the dough is evenly spread and to the third part add the green colour and repeat the step for the red colour part.
- Wrap the dough in different cling film and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Take parchment paper and fold into a half, take the Green dough and sandwich between the folded parchment paper and roll with a rolling pin to 6mm thickness.
- Follow step 5 with the Red and Plain parts and layer the rolled dough and further roll with the rolling pin.
- Take one end and roll the dough until it becomes a thick roll in the shape of a pipe, wrap in parchment paper and refrigerate for a further 2 hours.
- Slice the biscuits to 6mm thickness and bake for 12 minutes at 180 degrees C or until lightly brown.