We kick off 2021 with a vegetarian dish that is quick and easy to make. Mushroom, Spinach and Ricotta Swirls.
Mushroom, Spinach and Ricotta Swirls
250g of ready to roll Puff Pastry
1 tsp Chopped Ginger
1 tsp Chopped Garlic
½ Chopped Onion
200g Chopped Mushrooms
200g Chopped Spinach
300ml Ricotta Cheese
1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
Salt to taste
1 tbsp Oil
- In a pan add oil and onions and sauté until transparent.
- Add the ginger, garlic and mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes.
- Then add the spinach and further cook until there is no residue of water remaining and cool to room temperature then add the ricotta and mix well.
- Roll the puff pastry into a rectangle with a 3mm thickness and spread the mushroom mix evenly on the puff pastry.
- Take one end and roll the dough until it becomes a thick roll in the shape of a pipe, wrap in parchment paper and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Slice the swirls to 5mm thickness and bake for 30 minutes at 180 degrees C or until golden brown.