Have A Go
3 of 4 Part Series
Welcome to the third part series where we shall go through two more chakras; the Heart Chakra also known as the Anahata and the Throat chakra also known as Vishuddha.
The Heart Chakra- Anahata
Located near your heart in the center of your chest, this is the center of love, compassion, empathy and most importantly forgiveness. When one faces a heartbreak, a traumatic experience or grief, they are most likely to block the heart chakra. Like all Chakras when the heart chakra is blocked, one becomes bitter and harsh not only to another but to oneself.
When Blocked :
Ask these questions -
Do I feel jealous?
Do I feel the need to isolate because I feel under constant pressure of being judged?
Is there a lack of intimacy with my other half?
Can't I ever see the beauty of life?
Am I afraid that my partner could hurt me?
Do I always end up procrastinating?
An imbalanced heart chakra eventually leads to high blood pressure or diseases related to the heart. Seek medical advice.
How To Unblock It:
Some techniques that I recommend:
- Learn to breathe deeply.
- Enjoy your solitude. Or what I refer to as my "me time".
- Be grateful to everything that you often take for granted. Example the sunrise or sunset, the chirping birds, enjoying the different seasons. The list is endless.
- Write a gratitude journal or make a gratitude jar. I Love this exercise as it reminds me to enjoy each day and be appreciative towards everything.
- Learn to forgive and appreciate people around you other then always seeing their flaws. Apologies and forgive.
- Follow the Ho'oponopono Mantra which states I Love You, I'm Sorry, Please Forgive Me, Thank You! (to read more about Ho’oponopono go to www.kirankaur.net/archive/february-2021/ho-oponopono)
- Wear green.
- Be kind, loving and gentle towards yourself too.
Crystals to align the Heart Chakra
A sense of a subtle emotional comfort sets in when I use the rose quartz. Below are a list of some crystals which help to heal the heart chakra.
- Green Tourmaline
- Green Aventurine
Essential Oils to align the Heart Chakra
My personal favourite has got to be lavender and rose, it certainly alleviates my mood and brings about a sense of composure. It can be dabbed on the inner wrist or can be applied on the chest area over the heart. You can also try out the essential oils below.
Foods that aid in balancing the Heart Chakra
To heal and balance your heart chakra, one should opt for foods that are green in colour.
Foods such as Leafy Greens, Green Peas, Broccoli, Asparagus, Limes, Cucumber, Celery, Green Pepper and Fruits such as Green Apples, Kiwi, Avocado and Green Grapes, Green Lentils.
How about having a go at the delicious recipe below.
Recipe: Open Sandwich Delight
1 Slices of Whole Grain Bread Toasted
1 Lettuce Leaf
1 Boiled Egg (optional)
1 Cucumber Diced
Black Pepper and Salt to taste
Fresh Coriander Leaves
Green Chilli (optional )
Roughly mash the avocado and add a few drops of lemon juice to retain the green colour.
Grate the boiled egg and add it to the avocado.
Cut the green chilli and add it to the egg and avocado mixture. Add the diced cucumber.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Mix it up all well.
Toast the whole grain bread.
Spread some butter on it.
Place the lettuce leaf on the sliced bread.
Add the fresh coriander leaves to the mixture.
Lastly add the mixture on top of the lettuce.
Image by Peter Lomas
Photo by Kiran Kaur
Image by Peter Lomas
The Throat Chakra- Vishuddha
This is the fifth chakra and is located in the centre of your neck.
Do you often face trouble expressing yourself without fear of being judged?
Do you oftentimes feel that your opinion doesn't matter?
The Throat chakra governs speech and feelings.
Ask yourself -
- Am I unable to freely express my feelings?
- Do I tend to feel shy?
- Am I very talkative and speak too fast?
This is likely to bring about thyroid issues, laryngitis or even problems in hearing, again seek medical advice.
How To Unblock It:
Try a few of the below techniques:
- Sing, chant or hum a song. Whenever I can, I sing songs and record them too. This exercise helps me to track my moods too. For example did I sing a happy song or sad? It prompts me to view how I feel.
- Learn to acknowledge your feelings without being judgemental.
- Practice being assertive. It's good to say "No", do not be a doormat.
- Watch some comedy and laugh out loud.
- Go outside and see the blue sky, be mindful at all times.
- Wear the colour blue.
Crystals to align the Throat Chakra
The crystals below help to align the throat chakra. It can be placed by your bedside table or can be worn as jewelry and also can be placed on your throat. I often get asked on how do I choose my crystals and the best answer to it is that one just knows which crystals resonates with them. My favourite is the lapis lazuli. During meditation I tend to place it on my throat. Some of the crystals below help the throat chakra to balance.
- Blue Topaz
- Blue Opal
- Blue Agate
Essential Oils to align the Throat Chakra
These oils can be applied to the throat area. It helps in promoting calmness. I take delight in using Peppermint oil. You might fancy using some of the essential oils below.
- Tea Tree
Foods that aid in balancing the Throat Chakra
Any food in the colour blue purple is highly recommended. Try Aubergine, Blueberries, Blackcurrant, Purple Cabbage, Dragon Fruit and Purple Grapes. Try out this simple tasty summer recipe.
Recipe: Blueberry Popsicle
3 Tablespoons Frozen Blueberries
1 Frozen Banana
200ml Vanilla Yoghurt
1 Tablespoon of Honey (optional)
Liquidise all the ingredients above.
Add the remaining blueberries pieces into the mould.
Now add the liquidised mixture to it.
Freeze it until it sets.
In the next issue the Third Eye Chakra (Ajna) and the Crown Chakra ( Sahasrara) will mark the conclusion of the Chakra series.
by Disha Sharma