The body has centres where there is a flow of elaborate and magnificent energy called chakras. These wheels of energy are linked to glands and organs that, once balanced, can enhance good health and harmony.
There are seven main chakras that reside in a line along the spine:
Bottom to top:
- Root Chakra - Located at the base of the spine, associated with the Red colour and is an Earth element.
- Sacral Chakra - Located at the lower abdomen below the belly button, associated with the Orange colour and is a Water element.
- Solar Plexus Chakra - Located at the solar plexus as the name suggests, associated with the Yellow colour and is a Fire element.
- Heart Chakra - Located at the centre of the chest, associated with the Green colour and is an Air element.
- Throat Chakra - Located at the base of the throat, associated with the Light Blue colour and is an Ether or Space element.
- Third Eye Chakra - Located between the eyebrows, associated with the Indigo colour and is a Light element.
- Crown Chakra - Located at the crown of the head, associated with the Violet or White colour and is the Consciousness element.
Photo by Okan Caliskan
Sometimes blocked energy in the Chakra centres can cause illnesses and understanding the purpose and functions of these chakras, be it mental, physical, emotional or spiritual, can be balanced for further development.
Self-healing Reiki, Reiki Session or Distance Reiki Healing are some of the techniques that can help with balancing the chakras and restoring the body to good health.