Reflexology is a complementary therapy that is used to relieve stress and treat illnesses, the theory is based on adding pressure to the reflex points on the hands and feet that is linked to a specific part of the body. In True sense, the hands and feet are a roadmap to the body’s mechanism.
The Reflexology Therapist uses their thumbs and fingers to gently massage the hands or feet to maintain a balance in the body. Reflexology is always a gentle experience and can bring about the same restfulness and relaxation as a holistic massage.
Reflexology is useful in times of stress when the body becomes unbalanced and there is difficulty in sleeping. Hand Reflexology is recommended for those who do not like having their feet touched or have medical condition that prevents them from having reflexology on their feet.
photo by Ryan Hoyme
Reflexology also benefits people with specific conditions:
- General Aches and Pains
- Back/Muscle Pain
- Irregular Period
- Menopausal Problems
- Illnesses such as MS, Diabetes, Arthritis, Epilepsy, etc.
Some benefits of Reflexology include:
- Low feelings of stress, a sense of calmness
- Relaxed mind, body and a feeling of well-being
- A balance in energy and hormonal state
- Prevents health problems from arising
- Releases endorphins also known as a natural painkiller
You can notice a difference after just a single session.